Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fan going into overdrive when PC shut down.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 c67e3

c67e3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:47 PM

Hello, I bought a new HP computer which is nearly 4 weeks old.
Over the past couple of weeks when I boot up the PC, when the HP sure start logo comes up,
occasionally there have been white lines running through it, like interference lines, but this
only lasts about a second. Today, when I shut down the PC, the light didn't go off and the
PC fan was running abnormally loud and fast like a hairdryer. Sometimes a fan runs fast 
when the disk is at 100%, but this was about three times louder and noiser than that. 
I thought it was going to break down the noise it was making.

Does anyone have an idea of what this could be. I had to unplug the PC to make it stop.
I waited a while and switched it back on, and it seems to be OK now. Of course, how do 
I know it's not going to happen again. If I send back the PC saying it's faulty, 
they'll switch it on and it will appear fine. I do have a video showing the noise the
PC is making, would that be enough for the company to accept the return for a refund
even if this problem doesn't happen when they switch it on?

Regards,

Edited by hamluis, 02 June 2018 - 02:53 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

You should not have this sort of problem with a new computer - take it back. Or at the very least contact your supplier and explain the problems you are having, if necessary put the video on YT or Dropbox or anywhere and send them the link

And don't take 'No' for an answer, be firm, very firm if necessary, but always be polite. You get more attention that way !  Your time stamp suggests you live in the UK, Portugal or possibly Western Africa. If the first two, consumer law is very firmly on your side.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users