Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELPMSG

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 clay1

clay1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

have  any of you all seen this it goes /NET____MSG2182 I know how it is if you do and like them thats find with me I just think its a little bit odd that now that I have all the data it has already happen once most of it anyway after it crashed last time I got on line asking about repair pepole doing things to make more money typed in the msg one of the third or forth things I  seen was article about being scamed by someone on the inside sure enough it matched what happen to me almost exactly bit wanted to call the number again today bit wanted to call this is probably not that bad of a fix specially since everything setteled down do to me surfing for the article  I do have some thing that need fixed the bit driver maybe it was a hard match last time some files are messed up still can't find no bugs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jjkusaf

jjkusaf

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:35 AM

Did you try the usual fix ... assuming this is with Windows Update?

1. Start > start typing "Command .... " until you see “Command Prompt” right click and "Run as Administrator" from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, CryptographicMSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt pressing ENTER after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt for this pressing ENTER after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this pressing ENTER after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Restart the computer.

If that doesn't work ... try sfc /scannow from a Command Prompt (Run as Administrator).

Could also try if the sfc comes back normal.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Also, it is a little hard to read your original question.  Are you the victim of one of those online scams ... where some popup happened, you called a number and some foreign sounding fellow logged into your computer and did some stuff ... and you paid them off in iTunes giftcards or whatever?  If so ... and you have Windows 10 ... I would reset it back to factory default.

Once again, I had a hard time following your original question.

#3 clay1

clay1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

commander would like more command or promt be the software and catroot2 others worked but I turn them back on incase we cant get together on it

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

commander would like more command or promt be the software and catroot2 others worked but I turn them back on incase we cant get together on it

Do not call that number, it is a scam.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

@clay1

For the benefit of anybody else who might wish to reply to either this or any other topic you might start, remember, sentences start with a capital letter and finish with a full stop. A full stop is normally followed by a space, and commas are still alive and kicking.

You will have noticed that twice in this topic posters have commented that your posts are hard to follow.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,209 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:17 PM

As you have now started a topic in 'Am i infected?' this topic is now closed to avoid confusion.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users