Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Psu Broken

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lordesf

lordesf

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:26 AM

i have suspicions that my PSU is broken as my NEW COMPUTER isnt starting up! IS thre anyway to fix PSU- power supply unit? without buying a new one.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 09 October 2006 - 01:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:37 AM

Nope. Not 'fixable', just replaceable. Don't open it up and try to fix it if you like breathing, because it could kill you.

Would you like to tell us the exact symptoms of your computer woes, perhaps we can help.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:16 AM

Hey the PSU is fixable but at $50.00 per/hour it is not economical. What kind of computer is this? Basically some PSU's are very proprietary to the make of computer and also on some when they go they take to motherboard with them.

I would suggest taking this to your local computer guru and have it looked at or if it is still under warranty call the manufacturer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users