Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touch Screen problem not responding to usual fix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 badnit12

badnit12

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 13 5378. It runs win 10 Home, and works perfectly, except - the touch screen has developed the "bubble problem"

This is, apparently, usually fixed by uninstalling the driver, which then forces a reinstallation upon restart and that should be that.

Not in my case, unfortunately. The bubbles soon reappear and render the computer totally unusable, with browser windows opening faster than I can count them, and it can take several attempts just to get into device manager to disable it again.

Anyone got any ideas what else might be done?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,006 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:16 PM

You almost certainly have a digitizer that's gone wonky.  That's usually characterized by what looks like raindrops hitting the screen where "ghost touches" are occurring and, of course, driving the user insane because that going on constantly makes a touchscreen device unusable.

I just wrote up a set of step-by-step instructions with screen shots included on how to disable the touch screen about two weeks ago.  See:  Disabling the Touch Screen.  So, I guess, I really don't have any ideas about what else might be done other than replacing the screen (as the digitizer is typically not sold separately and they come as an assembly).

Edited by britechguy, 01 June 2018 - 08:20 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 badnit12

badnit12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:28 AM

Hey, thanks for the info. That at least confirms my suspicion that it is probably a hardware problem. I've just checked, and as luck would have it, I have a few weeks left on the warranty so hopefully I'll get it fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users