Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't boot need the bcd rebuild

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thatoneguyyep101

thatoneguyyep101

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:23 AM

I deleted some important partitions for my computer by mistake. I was trying to extend drive c as there was unallocated space. But it was to the left of drive c and not to the right so I was unabl to do it. And I thought deleting the things in between would somehow help. But now my computer won't boot up.
I am able to access command prompt via the bootable usb stick but not sure what to do?
I tried doing the bootrec /rebuildbcd but got an error saying system device could not be found.
Anyways it seems I need a new efi partition and the bcd rebuilt but not quite sure how to do that. I tried running some commands.. don't remember which ones but that's what drive letter v is. But it's hidden. And I don't even know what I did as it was the other day.
Would just like to start from scratch and have someone help please. Thank you.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thatoneguyyep101

thatoneguyyep101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:27 AM

I also seem to be unable to get into bios. I held down F1 and it says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.
I unplugged the flash drive. Earlier though it was saying your PC/device needs to be repaired. The boot configur data for your PC is mkssitor contains errors. Then it listed the bcd file with error code 0xc000000f
But now it doesn't say that. Just wants me to select proper boot device like I mentioned above.

#3 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:00 AM

Hello,
If you have the chance to use another pc you could download Hirens Boot and use some of the tools for recovery partition since you just remove the indexing of it you cannot completely remove a partition until you low format you hard drive.
Use this guide and if you have any issues please post.
1. Download and burn a copy of Hiren’s Boot CD. It’s one of many great CD’s full of computer repair tools that make repairing computers and recovering data possible. Select MiniWindows environment and press enter to boot. ( you can use USB memory stick and Rufus to make it bootable )
2. Once booted up, click on Start->Programs->HBCD Menu
3. Once the HBCD Menu comes up click on Open->Partition/Boot/MBR->DiskGenius (Partition table)
4. Click the Disk you need to undelete the partition from
5. Click the Rebuild Icon
6. Follow the steps and the dialogue boxes
7. Explore the disk to view your data to make sure it’s correct
8. Click Save All or select Save from the menu to make the recovered partition get written to the disk’s partition table again.

#4 thatoneguyyep101

thatoneguyyep101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

Thank you I'll try this when I borrow a friend's computer to make the disc

#5 thatoneguyyep101

thatoneguyyep101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:09 AM

I have a bootable usb stick with the windows 10 iso or whatever. Is that helpful at all?

#6 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:08 AM

Well, you can format the USB stick and use it for creating the Hiren`s boot bootable USB but that means you will wipe completely your Windows 10 from the USB stick. 

#7 eLPuSHeR

eLPuSHeR

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

Hiren's BootCD is ancient. I don't think it will be the best option for working with GPT partitions. You can even have trouble making it to succesfully boot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users