Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kindle Fire HD random power outs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AndyP5000

AndyP5000

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:50 AM

I know this is a known issue with Kindles and have had several suggestions on how to fix but was wondering if anyone knew anymore on the subject.

Symptoms: Kindles powers off randomly even at full power unless plugged in to charge.

Possible Cause:

1. Fudged up battery due to poor charging regime by user (this annoys me  as its the only devices I've known to do this on a regular basis)

2. Charging circuit is bust in some way

3. Power settings need adjustment

Suggested fixes:

1.Turn the time out power to off. 

2. Replace Battery ,not an easy fix and messy and time consuming to get replacement parts etc and still not guaranteed this will fix it)

3. Send back if under Warranty.

4. Strap an external power backup battery charger to the outside connected via cable (this works but a bit cumbersome)  

Anyone else here had power issues with Kindles?

And did you find any solutions? 

Cheers

Edited by AndyP5000, 31 May 2018 - 06:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users