Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to escape cyber spoofing in an alien country?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 davidmichaels

davidmichaels

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:20 AM

Lately I have been following news regarding Facebook and online security, and all this greatly concerns me related to my online privacy. Specially as I am traveling to Russia for World Cup very soon and will be staying there till the end of tournament. Is there any way to keep my self safe from this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wilsondrake

Wilsondrake

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:35 AM

Lately I have been following news regarding Facebook and online security, and all this greatly concerns me related to my online privacy. Specially as I am traveling to Russia for World Cup very soon and will be staying there till the end of tournament. Is there any way to keep my self safe from this?

With spoofing, hacking and malware attacks security of internet users have been compromised to a greater extent then expected. There have been some attacks which have totally shook the internet world, some of them are WannaCry Ransomware attack, Yahoo data breach, even the ride hailing service Uber was exposed to vulnerability of personal information of 57 million Uber users and 600,000 drivers exposed. 

But in the need of the hour is how a user can safeguard his/her privacy. I have been hearing a lot about VPN, Anonymity, and even using Blockchain payment solutions. I have found this comprehensive guide for people travelling to Russia for FIFA World Cup. I am sure most of the discussed points are what we just consider ourselves as too smart to think about but it is those small things which could compromise your personal information. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users