Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MacOS High Sierra hacked??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zlloyd1

zlloyd1

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 AM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:04 PM

I woke up this morning before work, and went to check my Email, as I normally do, but it would not auto-populate the login fields like normal, so I entered my login information, and it opened....

Unfortunately, this seems to have happened to all of my saved logins in Chrome, the browser I use. At first, I tried removing and then reinstalling Chrome browser, but that did nothing at all. So, I ended up going through, and logging into most of my important websites, and then changing the passwords. I then went to work confused by this, and contacted Apple Support to change my Apple ID password, and they told me that my Apple account had been accessed from Tennessee, Miami, and even Russia, which further confused / outraged me. So, I continued to request a change to my password to keep them out of my account, but was informed by the so called 'support agent' that the only way to do this was to find a pharmacy nearby, and purchase $200 worth of Apple Store / Itunes gift cards, for which I would be reimbursed upon completion. Well, that turned out to be a joke, and after spending the $200, which I really did not have, and wasting my entire lunch break on this, I was transferred to an Accounts & Billing agent, supposedly for them to work out my reimbursement. Instead, they told me that I would need to go and buy $200 more worth of gift cards, this time Google Play cards, because they were having issues with the Itunes servers. I am starting to think that Apple has been hacked, and lost a TON of people's accounts in the process.

Has anyone else heard of this before?? Having to spend hundreds of dollars to change a password?? Also, if they have been hacked, would changing the password do anything??

Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users