Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A ever so tiny red dot on new monitor..

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerGuy1500

ComputerGuy1500

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:24 PM

Hey guys, so recently we got a new monitor, just the other day..

It's been great so far! However, I was a bit surprised to find a micro-sized pixel on the lower left side of the screen..

Tried a bunch of different things, I tried rubbing on it, rebooting the computer, and even tried to flick it..

It didn't do anything, and it still persists.

To the average person, they probably wouldn't even see it. But depending on the color of the background of whatever I'm doing, this could be quite annoying.

Kind of crazy knowing it was a new, store-bought Dell monitor.. not some funky thing off of ebay or what-not.

Is there anything else I should try to patch this, or is it simply the monitor's faulty?

It's a really tiny spec, and yet somehow it bothers me, lol..

Thanks guys.

Update: Please ignore the grammar mistake in the title.. lol

Edited by ComputerGuy1500, 30 May 2018 - 04:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

I would take the monitor back if possible. If not then it's probably a stuck pixel. Rubbing it should have fixed it but this page may help.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-software-solutions-to-fix-a-stuck-pixel-on-your-lcd-monitor/

I have never used the below program so use at your own risk.

http://www.jscreenfix.com/

Google Search for stuck Pixels

#3 ComputerGuy1500

ComputerGuy1500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

Thanks John!

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 31 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

if it's new return it as defective!

you can't always fix a stuck pixel.

jscreenfix is just a program that randomly turns pixels on and off with random colors trying to unstick a pixel.  it works sometimes, but then the pixel will just stick again.  return it!

don't try a warranty claim with the manufacturer they will tell you that you have to have more then 1 bad pixel within 1 inch of each other to do a warranty exchange.

just return it to where you bought it.

#5 ComputerGuy1500

ComputerGuy1500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

Will think about it, thanks guys.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

I wouldn't ever use the term "stuck" pixel but far prefer "dead" pixel, as I have yet to see one heal itself.

If the monitor is brand new then it is defective.  I, like several others, would promptly return it for a refund or replacement.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users