Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NumPad Function Changes On Every Restart

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zanshin777

zanshin777

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

There is NumPad section on keyboards.

There are double function of buttons on NumPad.

For example a button on the NumPad function 1 is "delete" function 2 is "comma" 

When you press "CTRL + ALT + Num Lk" you switch function 1 to 2 for all of these buttons.

Normally I've been using function 1 set for these buttons. When I need to use function 2 I switch the mod by hitting "CTRL + ALT + Num Lk".

However on every restart "function 2" comes as default function set for NumPad buttons.

How to set function 1 for as default?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

Different keyboards are different. For my keyboard, the keys double as,

1 is to END a running program

2 is to scroll down a page

3 is to move to another page (jump)

4 is the left arrow

etc. So your examples are specific to your keyboard. Update your keyboard driver. Download it from the manufacturers site.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:32 AM

And, in addition to Rocky's comments, the only way I've ever seen to change the function of the number key buttons is the use of the Num Lock button on the number pad itself.  If it's on, they'll do numbers, if it's off, they do the functions noted below the numbers.

And the Num Lock state is generally preserved between system shutdown and start up cycles.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users