Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application Failed To Initialize Properly

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Benbro

Benbro

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:00 AM

After cleaning up some spyware. Some of my applications failed to start. Is there something that can be done. I've tried to re-load the software several times but keep getting the same error message. Can someone help please!!!!! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mvs

mvs

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:38 AM

^ you should have given the names of those failed
applications sothat someone would be able to respond !
Lets Quote Only the relevant parts of Previous Posts

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:08 AM

How did you "clean up" the spyware?
What programs did you use?
Which programs aren't working?
What is the exact error message you're receiving?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Benbro

Benbro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

My Point software is not working properly. Sorry about that! Point is a mortgage loan program that I use for work. I used roguescanfix to clear the spyware.

#5 Benbro

Benbro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:45 AM

How did you "clean up" the spyware?
What programs did you use?
Which programs aren't working?
What is the exact error message you're receiving?

"The Application failed to initialize Properly" (oxc0000135)

#6 fleamailman

fleamailman

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

does that malware removal tool offer you backups
everyday is a gift

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:32 PM

I've tried to re-load the software several times

By 'reloading' do you mean restarting or do you mean reinstalling? If not the latter, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Make sure you have a back-up of your database for the program before uninstalling.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:47 PM

Please post the exact error messages.

You may be able to use Windows System Restore to restore functionality to your program/s but that may also restore the spyware which we may be able to help you remove a different way.

Try using System Restore chooseing a restore point from before the problem began:

Start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:02 PM

If System Restore doesn't work, you may have to resort to manually removing the program's entries on your hard disk and in the registry before reinstalling them.

I'd suggest tracking your next installation attempt with the last freeware version of Total Uninstall. It will create a log of what the program does - and you may be able to remove the traces that way.

http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/uninst.html
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users