I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5559 with the touch screen. A few weeks ago, it started up with the annoying "ghost touch" phenomenon, making the machine nearly unusable. There is no physical damage to the screen. I have spent more time than I care to admit Googling solutions. The most common answer I find is to disable it through Device Manager. Here's the history of my attempts to solve this.
- At first, the "HID Compliant Touch Screen" did not show up in Device Manager.
- I had to select "show hidden devices" to find it.
- Once I found it, I right clicked "Disable Device" and confirmed the command.
- Everything was good for a day.
- When I brought the PC back from sleep, the ghost touches were back.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3.
- Solved the problem for about 10 minutes. Then ghost touches returned,
I've been doing the "disable device" dance now for about three weeks, and I'm growing very tired of it. Someone please tell me that there is a way to make this problem go away for good! It has taken me abut 30 minutes to write this post.