Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem setting up N600 and WAC104 AP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jd313

jd313

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:09 PM

Hello,

I'm having trouble configuring a new Netgear WAC104 801.11ac Wireless Access Point to bridge/repeat a Netgear N600 (WNR3700v2) wireless wouter. The firmware for both devices is current. When I run an IP Scanner I can see the WAC104. Both devices have the same SSID, MAC addresses have been entered for both devices, both are on the same channel, and have the same encryption settings. Once the WAC104 goes online my notebook reconnects to it but I get no internet access. Anyone famlilar with the WAC104, am I overlooking a setting?

Edited by jd313, 29 May 2018 - 04:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:56 PM

Which are you trying to do, setup the Access point in Bridge mode or Repeater mode?

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users