Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

anoyed by having to switch my hdmi cable between my monitor, desktop and ps4

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Monatoetje

Monatoetje

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:50 AM

Hi,

So i'm really anoyed by having to pull out my hdmi cable out of my desktop and having to put in in my ps4 so i can use my monitor for playing on my console or the other way around on my desktop. is there a device that make this easy with just a click of a button or something?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 null__

null__

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:38 AM

Yes, it's called an HDMI Splitter.

https://www.amazon.com/hdmi-3-input-1-output/s?page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahdmi%203%20input%201%20output

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,798 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:59 AM

There are many different devices, just Google HDMI switch.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Video-Selector-Boxes/b?ie=UTF8&node=172546

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:36 AM

As an aside, for those who may wish to support their favorite charity through part of your Amazon purchases, use the smile.amazon.com site and specify it.  Once you do this, even if you do a search on amazon.com, you will be reminded that if you wish to support your charity you should repeat your search on the smile site and are provided a control to do just that.

It's really astounding just how many charities they have available, many of them local, and I know that a great many of us make purchases via Amazon with great frequency.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

Just another note on Amazon Smile, the web links are the same as the www.amazon.com, so if you're sharing the links you can replace smile with www so that they work for people who don't use Amazon Smile.  Amazon Smile donates 1/2% of your purchase, at no additional cost to you, so there isn't a reason not to support your favorite charity.

Edited by Kilroy, 30 May 2018 - 11:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users