Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Long Lasting BSOD/Hang Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 absoguar

absoguar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

Hi! 

I've been referred here from another forum because I've apparently ran out of options (other than get a new PC which is financially impossible at the moment) when it comes to fixing this.

I get BSODs on a pretty regular basis, sometimes a few a week and sometimes none for a whole month but they're kind of an ever looming threat. Nothing in particular seems to bring them on, I've had them happen while playing games, watching videos or downloading files, but I've also left my PC idle at times while I've been out of the house and came back to find that it had restarted. Hangs are far more rare and they are similarly unpredictable. This has been happening since around mid-2014.

I have a backlog of minidumps going back the last few months, I might be able to find other, older ones but there was a brief period while this issue was happening where despite having the minidump setting very much active, they would not be created when a BSOD happened. This simply 'fixed itself' after a while.

As I've said, this has been going on for quite a while so I also have a list of things I've already tried in an attempt to diagnose this, I assume it would be best to list them here in order to avoid repeating certain things:

• Clean install of Windows. I can count this doubly so since this PC was initially running Windows 7 (the issues were still going on back then) when Windows 10 came out, I wasn't able to upgrade to it directly. The installation media simply kept failing after making little to no progress. The only fix for this was to do a clean installation of Windows 7 and then from there I was able to upgrade to Windows 10. 
  • HDD diagnostics always come back good using software such as HDTune and Seatools.
  • Memtest came up with 0 errors.
  • Audio/Ethernet drivers were outdated at certain points, those are up to date (to the best of my knowledge), nothing has changed.
  • Some users on different forums suggested drivers that could be causing these problems, such as speedfan. As far as I know I've gotten rid of all the potentially problematic drivers. Nothing has changed.
  • In 2015 someone suggested this could be a PSU issue, I jumped into that idea a little too quickly and wasted money on a new PSU, I got a BSOD just a few hours after upgrading it.
  • Updating to the latest BIOS version
  • Driver Verifier was kind of a tricky one. I've used it before, it sent me into a boot loop. I'm not really equipped to recover data at the moment if something goes wrong.

There are things I know I'm forgetting but these are the main things I've had come up over the years.

My specs are as follows:

• GPU: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti Mini
  • CPU: AMD FX-8120
  • RAM: 16GB DDR3 (TeamGroup)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 Rev. 1
  • HDD: Seagate ST2000DM001
  • PSU: Corsair CX600

Zip file of various minidumps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hukilovhos8nlvn/Various%20Minidumps.zip?dl=0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

Hi. . .

We need the jcgriff2/Sysnative zip file, please - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2
Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 absoguar

absoguar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:26 PM

Hi. . .

We need the jcgriff2/Sysnative zip file, please - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users