Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU is being stopped by windows (10) after installing an nvidia "hotfix"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 teamcaffeine

teamcaffeine

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:28 PM

Yes, I was trying to fix some issues in a game by installing something from the nvidia driver site as "nvidia hotfix for windows 10". After i installed it and restarted, windows started stopping the gt 730, and reverted to the on-board video. So resolution is stuck at 800x600 and for some reason my sleep option has disappeared from the menus, but thats the least of my problems. 

I have tried to do a full power reset on my computer

I have used ddu to uninstall my current video driver, and reinstalled the most up-to date one for my card

I know there is nothing physically wrong with it, it hasnt been touched. When it boots up it says "gt 730 vga bios", but when i look at it in device manager, it says "windows has stopped this device cause it detected a problem" or something like that. So ,any ideas here are appreciated. Thank you -teamcaffeine

Edited by hamluis, 29 May 2018 - 05:20 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to W10 Spt - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crayon

Crayon

• Banned
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

Sometimes this issue can occur if your graphics card is disabled in Device Manager. To see if your card is disabled, do the following:  Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and select Device Manager from the list of results. Once Device Manager opens, locate your graphic card and double click it to see its properties. Go to the Driver tab and click the Enable button. If the button is missing it means that your graphics card is enabled.

#3 teamcaffeine

teamcaffeine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

Ok i checked, the device is enabled already. Still looking for ideas, any help appreciated .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users