Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Find Product Key

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 copiman

copiman

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

I am fixing a laptop for a friend. I really just need to wipe and reinstall 10. She does not know anything about the office 365 (2013) that is on her laptop. It is activated but I will need product key, which she does not know, in order to reinstall after I do a clean install. I have googled how to find product key but have yet to find anything that works. Anyone know a way to find the key on this laptop?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 copiman

copiman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:39 AM

I just found an article that basically said there is no way to do this. She is looking to see if she can find the info where she purchased it. Hope she finds it. Anyway, here is the link to the article I found:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-find-your-microsoft-office-2013-product-key-2625093

Should someone know how, please let me know.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,033 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

I am not sure about Office 365 but try Produkey. 

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Majical Jelly Bean may also find it.

https://citrusbits.com/how-to-find-your-windows-10-or-office-365-product-key/

Some additional info.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/using-product-keys-with-office-365-office-2016-or-office-2013-12a5763a-d45c-4685-8c95-a44500213759#bkmk_newpc

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 May 2018 - 09:43 AM.

#4 copiman

copiman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

Thanks John. None worked. Even if it did I found that only the last section would display for Office 2013 and above. This is done for security by Microsoft. I will wait to see what she finds. She knows who bought it and installed it so hopefully we will be able to get what we need. Wanted to do this today but will have to wait. Thanks again for your help. Keep the link you provided for future reference. 

Thanks John. None worked. Even if it did I found that only the last section would display for Office 2013 and above. This is done for security by Microsoft. I will wait to see what she finds. She knows who bought 

#5 daveydoom

daveydoom

• Security Colleague
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:32 AM

For Office 2013 or newer I'm pretty sure there's no way to get that info using the programs listed (or others such as Belarc Advisor).   Sorry she is having this problem.

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
-Emo Philips

unite_final.png

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,163 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:14 PM

If she's using Office 365 she's very likely to have a Microsoft Account and her legitimate ownership of said software for the machine in question is most likely logged there.  One of the things I love about the Microsoft Account is it will keep track of all MS software that you register using it and make it very easy to redownload and reinstall should the need occur.

Office 365 should be under the Services & Subscriptions area.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users