Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 sportman13

sportman13

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:53 PM

I am using firefox 60.0 with windows 10 home. I just had a windows 10 update Heres my issue with firefox bookmarks and show all bookmarks when you hit organize it drops down but there is no word move to move your bookmark pages to a folder.This feature is missing

I also have a couple things not working. On google search link not changing from blue to purple

2. search bar history not working

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,159 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox?  That would be my first attempt at fixing all the issues, since doing so does not remove your Firefox profile which is what contains your bookmarks, etc.  

Also it wouldn't matter if the uninstall did if you are using the sync function of Firefox.

If this doesn't fix things it would be helpful to have screen shots where you are encountering issues.   A picture is worth a thousand words.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

britechguy where do I make a screenshot on the forum

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,159 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

A screenshot can be taken under Windows 10 by hitting WinKey+PrtSc, and the file will be in your Pictures library, in a folder named Screenshots.  They will be named screenshot(X) where X is a number that changes depending on how many screen shots you've taken and what the highest number already used by the images in that folder happens to be.

You will then need to use the third party image hosting site of your choice to host that image, and post the link to that image in your next  message so that it can be clicked upon for viewing.   It seems quite a few people are using imgur these days, but any image hosting website will do.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:11 PM

britechguy can I post direct to the forum ?

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,159 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

No, you cannot.

This has been discussed, repeatedly and at length.  If a given forum (and this is one of them) does not have the ability to attach an image or other file you must use a third party host to do so.  That's even what the little "picture" control above the edit box is for.  If you click it you will get a dialog asking you to supply the URL (web address) for the picture you want to embed in your message.

~ Austin O'Malley

#7 Crayon

Crayon

• Banned
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:56 AM

Can you drag/drop the "star on a tray" icon to a place on the toolbar where you'd like to see it when you go to the firefox menu ≡ > customize... panel?

#8 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,159 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:32 AM

Well, when the instructions at the very top of the Customize tab read, and I quote, "Drag your favorite items into the toolbar or overflow menu," I believe you have the answer to that question already.

It seemed to me, from the original query, that something had become corrupted in the original poster's installation of Firefox.  You could be entirely correct, though, that this item had somehow been "automagically" removed from its prior position on the OP's toolbar or, possibly, pushed to the overflow area if something else has been added.

You can also, of course, drag them out of either location and back into the Customize tab if they're something you don't want to have constant access to in the toolbar or even occasional easier access to in the overflow menu.

Edited by britechguy, 30 May 2018 - 11:36 AM.

~ Austin O'Malley

#9 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

britechguy and Crayon do this please go to Bookmarks go to  show all bookmarks when you hit organize it drops down but is their word move their if their is can you move your bookmark pages to a folder.This feature is missing on mine

#10 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,159 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

firefox_v60.0.1_organize_bookmarks.jpg 

'nuff said.

One moves via drag n' drop after single or multi select or Cut and Paste after same.   I haven't seen a "move" option present within my memory, and as you can see I've used an awful lot of folders over time.

This is why I ask for screen shots, so I have something to compare against, and it is the person doing the asking who had ought to present one upon request.

~ Austin O'Malley

#11 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:55 PM

britechguy  you have to either drop after single or multi select or Cut and Paste after same.   ?

#12 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,159 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

It works just the same way as in Windows Explorer/File Explorer.

Whatever is selected will be moved if you drag it and drop it on another folder or in another folder.  If you when you cut something that's selected and you later paste it, it's moved.

This is standard Windows behavior since there has been a Windows, and virtually any program that uses a "File Explorer Like" interface has behaved this way for just as long.

~ Austin O'Malley

#13 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:36 PM

britechguy

you said It works just the same way as in Windows Explorer/File Explorer in Windows Explorer/File .you hit move feature to move to a folder for Firefox in your screenshot their is no move how can it work the way it is in Windows Explorer/File ?

#14 britechguy

britechguy

• 8,159 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:26 PM

britechguy

you said It works just the same way as in Windows Explorer/File Explorer in Windows Explorer/File .you hit move feature to move to a folder for Firefox in your screenshot their is no move how can it work the way it is in Windows Explorer/File ?

Because you can use the methods I gave in Windows Explorer/File Explorer, and untold millions of us who've been using both for decades now do just that.  Would you say that someone using a right click and selecting "Copy" from a context menu is doing anything different as far as the function they're invoking than someone who elects to use the CTRL+C keyboard shortcut for "Copy"?  Your question was about accomplishing the "Move" function, and I've given you two clear ways to do so.

Microsoft generally gives you many ways to do exactly the same thing.  That does not mean that because your favored method is not shown that the thing doesn't work exactly the same way as other equally legitimate and effective methods, which have been outlined clearly for you, do.

Moves are very, very often accomplished by cut and paste or drag and drop in Windows Explorer/File Explorer.  I'd say they're done that way far more often than using the Move function itself if my decades of field observation count for anything.

At this point I'm done with this thread.  You have a more than sufficient answer as to how one moves things around within Firefox's bookmarks organizer or Windows/File Explorer.

Edited by britechguy, 30 May 2018 - 02:29 PM.

~ Austin O'Malley

#15 sportman13

sportman13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Can anyone please tell me how Firefox's bookmarks organize works using move feature not Windows/File Explorer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users