Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe readers can't open pdf file in iPhone 6 plus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 daddydell

daddydell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:04 PM

I just bought an iPhone 6 plus and download a adobe reader from the app store . When I tried to open a book in PDF format and the message appeared as " some feature in the documents is not supported" I have no problem with the same document in my iPad and Macbook Pro ( Macbook pro I sed the digital version).

Can someone help me on this.

Daddy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

June 3, 2018

Hello @daddy

I might be late to your party! Although I have installed Adobe Reader App for my iPhone, I do not have a .pdf book to create a test study for you. By chance did you get the “Getting Started .pdf” when you installed the app? If you tap on My account in the app, you might see it living there. Also, if you’re trying to access your .pdf book files from iBook, I do not use that application thus I can’t help you with that. Below is a link for Adobe Reader app support forum (for iPhone/iPad) where you might find  some direction.  Good luck, I hope it helps :)

https://forums.adobe.com/community/document-cloud/acrobat-ios

Self edit to add:

@daddy here’s an update.  I did a test in iTunes to see if I could get a music playlist .pdf file in Adobe Reader so to read in the iPhone app and it worked! I would imagine you would be able to do the same with your .pdf book file. (Note: Apple iTunes is installed on my PC, Windows 10 Home (NOT the Windows Microsoft Store iTunes App.)

See if these steps will work for you: plug in your iPhone via USB to the computer -> open iTunes -> accept “trust” -> upper left click on iPhone icon -> scroll down on left and click on File Sharing -> on the right click on Adobe Acrobat -> Adobe Reader Documents window opens -> drag your .pdf book file into this window -> return to your iPhone and open the Adobe Reader App -> tap My Documents and your .pdf file “should” be there. Let us know if this helps!

Edited by softeyes, 03 June 2018 - 08:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users