Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Female USB To PS/2 Adapter does not work for Windows XP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MrCacti

MrCacti

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:22 PM

Well i got a usb to ps/2 adapter and it is green. It says it goes in the green mouse port on my computer. But it is not working. I put the little usb stick that came with my wireless keyboard and mouse. And it apparently does not work. I cant type, or use my mouse. What should i do?

Thanks!

Cacti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,885 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

There are very specific adapters for the PS/2 mouse nd a different one for the keyboard.  They are not inter-changeable.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:01 PM

Those adapters are made for a mouse with a USB connector on the end...not for wireless-USB devices.

Louis

#4 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

Well i got a usb to ps/2 adapter and it is green. It says it goes in the green mouse port on my computer. But it is not working. I put the little usb stick that came with my wireless keyboard and mouse. And it apparently does not work. I cant type, or use my mouse. What should i do?

As hamluis stated, "Those adapters are made for a mouse with a USB connector on the end...not for wireless-USB devices."

You will just have to use an available USB port for your Wireless Receiver. Either Front or Rear. If you lack open USB ports you can purchase an inexpensive USB Hub.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users