Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is hacking becoming the next generations dating system?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IIINCORRUPTIBLE

IIINCORRUPTIBLE

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:04 PM

This is an honest question. I'm wondering if the digital environment of todays day is becoming a larger replacement for courtship games that (males) once used on women, but are today using in the digital environment.

Why do you think that is the case?

Edited by hamluis, 27 May 2018 - 01:26 PM.
Moved from Gen Sec to Gen Chat - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:37 AM

Dont see how this relates to hacking?

Can you expand?

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:40 PM

The majority of people don't know how to hack, nor do the majority know anything about what hacking is which differs from the way 1990s movies portrayed it, the majority don't even know basic programming. Actual computer skills for good or ill are rare, which means those with malicious intent find themselves in an environment where relatively few people have any way of defending themselves. The problem here might be that school education in the subject they call "ICT"* is really just about using MS office and children are never taught any details or theory of computing, nor introduced to coding of any kind. The young may engage in courtship online but describing this as hacking makes no sense. They are merely doing what they did before the internet, just using a somewhat quicker and longer ranged communication method.

*that was the term when I was at school in the UK, and while the UK government likes to claim the curriculum has changed to promote teaching of programming, in reality no real change has occured except in the way that parts of the teaching are named on syllabuses

Edited by rp88, 02 June 2018 - 03:41 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users