Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unchecked Everything in mscinfig

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainPaul

CaptainPaul

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:10 AM

When I tried to fix something on Windows q10 I accidentally disabled everything in msconfig. This makes it so that whenever I try to login it says my password is incorrect, even if I am using the correct password. Is there a way for me to turn on Microsoft services in msconfig without logging in?

Edited by CaptainPaul, 27 May 2018 - 12:33 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaptainPaul

CaptainPaul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:33 AM

Also I didn't realize I posted multiple threads about this, sorry.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

I would suggest doing a Refresh.  You will be using the installation media to do this, this means that you will not use the installed operating system but will boot and make the repair from the installation media.  You will find that there are instructions to create your own installation media for your version of Windows 10.

A Refresh will basically reinstall Windows 10.  You will have the options to keep your personal files, but it will uninstall any third party programs you installed.  You will be offered a list of the programs which will be uninstalled, you can use this list as a reference to these programs.

To do a Refresh on a computer which can not boot you will need Windosw 10 Installation Media.

If you don't have installation media you can use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create installation media for either a disc or flash drive.  Follow the instruction for the second option Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC.

In order to use either form of installation media you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the type of media (disc or USB flash drive) is the first device in the boot order, and the ssd/hdd the second device.

If you are using a disc place it in the tray of your optical drive, close the door and restart the computer.  When the computer recognizes the disc it will instruct you to press any key to boot from the disc.

If you are using a USB flash drive place it in a USB port and restart the computer.  You will receive the message to press any key to boot from the device.

Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.

On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen.

Select Repair your computer.

On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there.  Select Reset this PC.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users