Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen and flickering following windows update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 birgirfg

birgirfg

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

Last week I restarted my laptop to let it install the latest windows 10 update. However immediately after the update I got a blue screen of death, and upon restarting I kept getting more blue screens, the error not always the same. After contacting microsoft support the conclusion was I had to restore the laptop to factory settings. After the restore finished the screen turned black and some flickering of white pixels is visible in the top of the screen. Since then this has been happening, the laptop works fine but every once in a while the screen just turns black. Shutting down the computer and restarting it again seems to fix it temporarily, but it keeps happening again from time to time. To me it seemingly happens at random times.

I recorded a short video to show what I mean: https://sendvid.com/gwtbwctd

I'm worried this may be a hardware problem. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 birgirfg

birgirfg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

*Shameless bump*

Any help/insight on this would be appreciated. :)

#3 dmccoyks

dmccoyks

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:17 PM

If you still need assistance. The first thing to check is for any driver updates for your GPU from the manufacturer website. I would also test using safe mode to see if the issue continues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users