Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unity games requiring DX11 only run on integrated graphics

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lemmus

lemmus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

Been struggling with this for a few days now. Games that use the Unity engine do not work when set to use my GTX 970m. But they will run if I set them to use the integrated graphics card. When I start the games they seem to start and the audio plays but nothing happens video-wise (no black screen, just nothing happens). The mouse cursor changes to the game's cursor and it seems to be running as I can't click anything in the background (have to alt+tab out of them).

Games I've tried: Battlerite, Worlds Adrift and Hearthstone.

Battlerite has the option of running in DX9 in case of crashes and that makes it work, the others not so much.

Troubleshooting steps that have had no effect:

• Updated GeForce drivers

• Reinstalled drivers both normally and with DDU

• Reinstalled affected games.

• Reset PC to factory settings and updated both windows and the drivers.

• Set launch option in steam to -w to force window mode

• Changed resolution in windows to lower resolution, launched game, then set it back to 1920x1080.

• Other various things I've found on Google.

System specs:

Acer Predator 17

Windows 10 Home (10.0.17134)

Intel i5-6300HQ

Intel HD Graphics 530/Geforce GTX 970M

16GB Ram

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users