Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Security Defender is Limited

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Happys22

Happys22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:02 PM

Hi forums,

I am having trouble seeing if my computer might be infected. Recently, I was scanning files in my pictures to see if they were safe and when I clicked on Scan With Windows Defender, it told me the following: "Your IT administrator has limited access to some of the areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. contact IT help desk for more information". Thing is, I'm the admin in this computer and it's my laptop from home, I have never taken it to anywhere work related.

My Real Time protection setting in windows defender is completely disabled and I am unable to turn it on, the other protections are on however. Should I be worried? Should I do a malware scan with another AV? I recently updated my computer to the new Windows May update Version 1803 if that helps.

Thank you!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users