Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this PC any good for 2018 gaming?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NimaGolshahi

NimaGolshahi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:28 AM

Hello,

I have recently seen this ad on eBay of this 'gaming PC'. These are the specs;

Processor
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU 3.40/3.80GHz
Memory
8GB High Speed RAM
Hard Drive
NEW 1TB HDD
Graphics Card
NEW Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard
Lenovo
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Edition
PC Gaming Case
Storm Black Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Optical / DVD
**DVD-RW**
PSU
NEW 500W PSU
Monitor
23"" Eizo IPS monitor

I wanted to know first of all if this PC is good enough for playing open world games such as GTA V and survival and fps games such as Fortnite?

I know the cpu is old but i am on a tight budget of £400 or £500 with monitor and keyboard and mouse.

The condition is not new but this is what it states "Our gaming PCs are made USING BRAND NEW COMPONENTS EXCLUDING THE MOTHERBOARD AND CPU and come pre-installed with a Genuine Windows 10 64-Bit license. This item is built/tested/cleaned on site by our team of highly skilled engineers and fully functional as intended. [/size]

It comes with a 12 month warranty and if it doesn't work or doesn't work like expected I can easily get my money back in the first 30 days.

Also another thing that might be a issue is the motherboard, it only states Lenovo, which is a little bit concerning. 

So basically should i get this or are their better options, i don't care if its Intel or AMD and i don't mind building it but if you link me a PC part builder breakdown remember to include CPU coolers and the CPU gel.

This is £468 or $622.82 US dollars.

I have seen some videos on YouTube showing the capabilities of the i7-2600 and looking at the difference between the newer generations, there isn't that much of a boost just the absence of ddr4 ram and instead ddr3 ram and missing out on he 'new technologies' 

Many Thanks,
Nima

Edited by Platypus, 26 May 2018 - 06:51 AM.
Deleted duplicate post

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingChronoz

KingChronoz

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:31 PM

Your PC Specs are good, it can run modern games in an average fps for like 60fps, well, it depends on the game you're playing.

#3 ahs89

ahs89

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:27 AM

Your PC specs look fine to handle games such as GTA V or Witcher but hence it is old gen processor so it may not handle games in future, therefore its best to upgrade your Mobo+Processor as soon as possible.

#4 techblogger911

techblogger911

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:56 AM

Your build is solid and yes you can play a lot of games with it,  incase you want the system to last longer I would certainly recommend a CPU/MOBO upgrade though. Your graphics card will certainly last for a very long time, even the upcoming games will for sure run without any problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users