Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove f.lux completely from my computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tottem

Tottem

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

Hey everyone!

Recently, I noticed a frustrating bug which won't let me get rid of the orange coloring. While I was using my computer for playing, I had the f.lux turning my screen into orange which made it harder to play. I tried closing it, but didn't work. That's when I noticed something was wrong. I tried deleting f.lux, and the orange coloring remained on my screen. I even tried restarting my computer which didn't help me either. Any ideas what should I do?

I've already tried asking for help on f.lux's support forum, but I didn't really get a respond. :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:12 PM

If you have already tried uninstalling it through 'Control panel - Programs and features' then I would download and install the Revo uninstaller, a free download from BC. This is very good at getting rid of fragments of applications left behind by the program's own uninstaller. See -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/revo-uninstaller/

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

NOD32 won't let me open the download site.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:04 PM

I suspect this is a false positive. I just downloaded the file 'revosetup.exe' from the author's site and scanned it two ways and it came up clean. I used my AV - Avast - and Malwarebytes. I have never seen anybody complaining of 'nasties' being bundled with the Revo uninstaller.

It is obviously your decision but either add an exception to your AV or disable it while you do the download ?

Chris Cosgrove

I must modify my comment about no adverse comment !  See -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/677604/looking-for-revo-uninstaller-advice/

However my statement about the setup file I downloaded stand, it came up clean.

C C

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 26 May 2018 - 06:12 PM.

#5 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

These are the things that Revo uninstaller found. I've deleted all of the ticked files. If there won't be any problem in the next 24 hours, then I think the deletion can be called successful.

Hopefully, after ticking all those files, it was the right decision to press next(tovább), because there was an other button which says delete(törlés)

Edited by Tottem, 26 May 2018 - 09:52 PM.

#6 Tottem

Tottem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

It didn't help. It just turned on 10 minutes ago.

EDIT: I had to set my location to Miami instead of Hungary inside the app, so that it turns back into normal state. But it's only a temporary help.

Edited by Tottem, 27 May 2018 - 02:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users