Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JP56

JP56

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:21 AM

We recently had a tornado in our area, which knocked out service to a lot of Xfinity customers. I had been using an Arris modem connected to a Netgear Nighthawk modem, for several years, with very little to no problems, until this happened.

Not being a novice, but far from being a tech geek, I had set up my own home network without problems.

After the storms & when service was restored, I began having connection issues. After doing everything I knew to try to correct them, I gave in & called xfinity for "help". They had informed me that my modem had reached its "End of Service Life".

I ended up purchasing a new Netgear Modem & connected it to my Netgear Nighthawk router, booted up & was running ok for several hours. Then I began having connection issues. Netgear Genie would tell me I was connected & had a good or excellent signal, but my pc's would all tell me No Internet. This has now been happening several times a day everyday.

I also have Vonage Phone. Sometimes I lose just internet access and other times I also lose the Vonage as well.

Can this be a problem inside the new modem? Xfinity tells me my modem is online and everything appears fine. I am suspecting that it could be some kind of internal failure in my new modem(I had a brand new modem bad out of the box before), and this seems to be the same type of issue here now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:07 AM

What information is displayed about your NIC in Device Manager?

Have you reset and updated drivers as a starting point for diagnosis?

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users