Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which does make my Laptop slow?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 akosixdi

akosixdi

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:39 PM

Hi Guys... i just have to ask a Question..
I have a laptop Asus X540n

So it has 4 Gb Ram, Nvidia 940m, Intel Hd Integrated and Intel 4 core N4200

I have played a game like Rules of Survival, League of Legends, GTA V but it lags most of the time....

This is my question....

If i upgrade my laptop ram to 8... Will i play smooth? or its the processor thats making my laptop slow?
Sorry guys im a newbie here... I hope someone will answer this :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 07:00 AM

it could be a number of things.....including malware

#3 davidmichaels

davidmichaels

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:06 AM

Have you tried removing things from startup ? 

Do you update your antivirus regularly ? 

Do you defragementation of your system ? 

These are things that can help you out for making your laptop's speed back to normal

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,210 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

Apart from the suggestions already offered, trying the extra RAM is about the only improvement you could make. The existing specification barely passes the minimum requirement to run GTA V for example. Both CPU and graphics performance are well below the recommended:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/grand-theft-auto-v/12455/

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:07 AM

Run this: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/grand-theft-auto-v/12455 

It will download a small file that you need to install. It will tell you where you are lacking. 

Others don't think so highly of this linked website.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/12/558747922439324697/

Louis

#6 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

Run this: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/grand-theft-auto-v/12455 

It will download a small file that you need to install. It will tell you where you are lacking. 

Others don't think so highly of this linked website.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/12/558747922439324697/

Louis

Sorry hamluis, I have used it for years to get a round about feeling, not expecting precision. You can delete it if needed, I would never want to give false or inaccurate information. The site has an obvious goal of selling which should be taken into consideration. crap, I just noticed the guy above me posted it already. Didn't see that either.  :crazy:  :blush:

Edited by xrobwx, 05 June 2018 - 11:42 AM.

7581204627.png

#7 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,210 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:32 AM

It looks like some people complain about some type of hardware detection utility, which I hadn't even noticed. For me, the page supplies the minimum and recommended developers system specifications, from which we can deduce that the OP's system provides performance barely meeting the suggested minimum requirements. Since it's a laptop, their suggested upgrade to 8GB of RAM is almost certainly the only improvement they can try for, other than making sure the system isn't malware affected, or having read problems with the hard drive thus being slow to load in-game data.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#8 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

Also consider installing an SSD, major boost over a spinner great for gaming.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#9 Robert0220

Robert0220

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:51 AM

Not sure if this thread is already answered and how old it is i haven't paid attention to it, i'm going to answer it anyways.

You have lag mostly because of your "CPU" it is clocked at 1.1GHZ ! and on the other side you have lag because of your RAM.
Upgrading RAM tho should/make a huge difference believe me. Your GPU is quite strong as well, it should be able to handle to those games.

Edited by Robert0220, 03 October 2018 - 02:56 AM.

#10 RichardLancs

RichardLancs

• Banned
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:38 AM

The OP has never returned so you can assume they have solved it.

Not sure if this thread is already answered and how old it is i haven't paid attention to it, i'm going to answer it anyways.

You have lag mostly because of your "CPU" it is clocked at 1.1GHZ ! and on the other side you have lag because of your RAM.
Upgrading RAM tho should/make a huge difference believe me. Your GPU is quite strong as well, it should be able to handle to those games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users