Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU Issue can get into windows without drivers -BSOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bOG23

bOG23

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:12 PM

Hello,

I got a bsod and it seems I found the issue, it's my nvidia 560TI gpu. When I uninstall the drivers via device manager I am able to login to my PC, whether I update the gpu with the latest or old drivers, the bsod screen comes up and I can't get into windows.

From the event logs:
With a image of the bsod attached.

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service fdPHost with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{D3DCB472-7261-43CE-924B-0704BD730D5F}

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: BlueScreen
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 
P2: 
P3: 
P4: 
P5: 
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Windows\Minidump\052418-15366-01.dmp
C:\Users\scott\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-78031-0.sysdata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\scott\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_0_0_cab_07b54bfd

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 052418-15366-01
Report Status: 0

I've already tried display drive uninstaller. To be clear, I am able to get into windows without the gpu drivers installed.

Edited by bOG23, 24 May 2018 - 07:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

Are you using the most current drivers from NVIDIA?

If so, roll them back to a prior version and then see if you can get into Windows.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

p.s. The Event Viewer items are all benign. Interestingly, the one for the BSOD does not display a bugcheck (STOP error code), let alone any parameters (P1 - P4).

Edited by jcgriff2, 29 May 2018 - 03:18 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users