What happens when you click on this link? Microsoft Support
The reason I ask that is you may be attempting to access a scam site.
Have you tried flushing the DNS cache? You can use CCleaner for that. Note that option on the left side of the opening page/ GUI for CCleaner.
Could be a host file problem.
Replace your current HOSTS file with a tweaked one, as the MVPS Host file, that restricts access to known bad sites improving your security.
It basically prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting the attempted connections to 127.0.0.1, which is the IP of your local computer.
To do it:
- Download hosts.zip and save it to your desktop
- Right click the file you just downloaded on your desktop and select => Extract to "hosts\"
- In the hosts folder on your desktop, double click on mvps.bat file to run the program
- A prompt will appear, press any key to continue
What happens when you click on this link to Google Mail? Sign in - Google Accounts
If you haven't used the programs below recently....use them to clean, remove adware and remove malware.
Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Malwarebytes - Clean Mode
- Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
- Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update its database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
- Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
- Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
- Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
- If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
- Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply
If you are unable to run a scan using MBAM:
Follow the instructions in the thread below. Make sure to download the MBAR linked in it. Let me know if you're not able to launch it and run a scan.
Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop. (compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10)
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Scan button.
- When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
- You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
Reset Chrome back to defaults to completely clear out issues with Chrome.
- First, go to >> Google Sync << and sign into your account. Make sure you know your password as this will clear it from the browser.
- Scroll down until you see the "reset sync" button to clear your data from the server and remove your passphrase.
- Now, close all Chrome windows. Chrome cannot be running for the next step. If needed, print this information or use another browser to read the information.
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time, to bring up the run dialog box.
- Type in (or copy/paste) the following and press Enter: %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files and folders.
- Hold down Ctrl + A and click once on the files "Bookmarks" and "Bookmarks.bak". This will unselect them.
- With all the files selected (except for your Bookmarks), press the Delete key and click Yes to delete the files and folders.
- Example of all files and folders selected, except Bookmarks
Restart your computer now and make sure there are no longer any redirects or other browser issues or blocks and let me know.