Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue(s) with update to Version 1803, Build 17134.81

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:10 PM

Besides my rant of last night about the "Create a pin" vortex, there's another that while less frustrating would not be obvious.

If you had previously gone to Settings, Accounts, Sign-In Options pane and set the "Require signin" setting to Never (which wasn't truly "never", but when waking from sleep) it is set back to "When PC wakes up from sleep."

Forewarned is forearmed.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

• Topic Starter

• 8,166 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:07 PM

I have also received reports of machines having System Protection turned off by the this update.

As per usual, it seems to affect the machines that are affected in the same way with feature updates.  Those machines that have not shown this characteristic on prior feature updates have not shown it on this one, either.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 britechguy

britechguy

• Topic Starter

• 8,166 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

I do not know for certain whether this is associated with the update to build dot level 81 or if it was occurring in earlier dot levels of Version 1803, Build 17134 or not, but the Send to->Mail recipient function of Explorer is no longer working correctly.

On my machine, which has Outlook 2010 installed as part of Office 2010, but which has never been my default mail app (which happens to be the Win10 Mail App, which I don't use since I use webmail), is being invoked if I try the above context menu option.

A thread dedicated to this issue is in Windows 10 Support:  Setting email program for right-click, send to, mail recipient

I checked on my partner's machine, which is the hardware twin of mine, that's still running Win10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1709, Build 16299 (can't recall dot right now, but it's the most recent) and the Send to->Mail recipient function works precisely as expected.

Edited by britechguy, 06 June 2018 - 11:05 AM.
Added note about Version 1709 at end.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users