Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't find Windows Defender consul

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cluless

Cluless

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:34 AM

Hi Guys 

I have Windows 10 os and seem to have lost the Windows Defender consul. I am sent to the  security centre instead. I can't find it in programs, though it tells me it is operating and protecting me and has even done a scan.

Any ideas?

regards

Cluey 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,519 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:38 AM

One of these should work unless WD is corrupted.

6 Ways to Open Windows Defender in Windows 10

One way.......Type windows in the search box on taskbar and choose Windows Defender from the result.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,914 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

Windows Defender Security Center is the latest version of the Windows Defender primary interface.

It is the main "console" for Windows Defender.  

If you type "Windows Defender" in the search box the first thing that should turn up is the Windows Defender settings (which are part of Update & Security), but when you get there, if you attempt to view or change any of them, they invoke Windows Defender Security Center.

windefender_secctr.jpg 

Edited by britechguy, 24 May 2018 - 08:54 AM.
Added screenshot

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:15 AM

click the little ^ arrow that is in the bottom right corner beside your clock....the windows defender shield should pop up.....click on it

#5 Cluless

Cluless
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:35 AM

Many thanks lads, have a good weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users