Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help: black screen when paused videos on youtube on full screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ming11591

ming11591

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:26 AM

It has happened since yesterday, every times I pause the videos when playing on full screen after leave it play without touching anything about 8-10 seconds (the audio stops too) and the similar thing happens when I move my cursor around after not touching it for a while but it just a black screen pops up for a second and gone, the audio just stutters when black screen pops up. Please, it is very disturbing when I need to pause a video, any help will be appreciated.

Note 1. I'm currently using windows 10, cpu: i7-6700HQ, gpu: GeForce gtx690m, ram: 8 Gb.
         2. I've tried disable hardware acceleration  in Google Chrome's settings, installed lastest version of video card driver, allow youtube to use Adobbe flash player, nothing help.
         3. The same thing doesn't happen if I use IE though.
         4. I'm not sure if I post this on the right forum (first time on bleeping computer)

Edited by hamluis, 24 May 2018 - 09:37 AM.
Moved from A/Vid3eo Apps to Web Browsing - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zirip

zirip

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:51 PM

Hi, I just met a similar problem: whenever I pause the video which is playing in full screen, it turns black and returns normal after about 3 seconds. This only happens with Chrome. I was thinking if you have just updated your Windows? It looks they have made a major update on Windows 10 recently, which is probably the cause - since I came across the problem not until recently. Did you solve this problem? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users