Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VPNFilter router malware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Suncatcher

Suncatcher

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:22 AM

Just heard about this recent and very dangerous type of attack.

http://fortune.com/2018/05/23/vpnfilter-cisco-talos-malware-router-hack-russia/

Just whizzing , yelling and no single useful word about infection method and/or attack vector.

Does anybody know anything? Maybe security gurus can shed the light how to protect router from it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Location:This tiny speck in the universe somewhere in the middle of time.
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

*ehem* ah well, ah hallo there, I'm really not very qualified, maybe others will voice/ pop-in as to the spread, veracity or efficiency or propa/rhetoric(no comments yet I see), I will certainly check this thread again at some later time. Russians eh? naughty boys and busy girls over there one would assume some don't sleep.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#3 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 499 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

A member, ranchhand_  posted about this earlier today with an article that's more informative on what initial steps are recommended-

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/678151/fbi-warns-consumers-to-reboot-hundred-of-thousands-infected-routers/#entry4501867
Bleepin' desert rat retiree of climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

#4 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Location:This tiny speck in the universe somewhere in the middle of time.
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

Oh, well crapolla that was my question and handy jack ranchhand_ NAILED IT!  Thanks RAD MAN!

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users