Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted game still takes space

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jamesTedrick

jamesTedrick

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:49 AM

Hi guys!

Recently, I found out about this game called Fortnite. I installed its launcher (Epic Games Launcher) into my Mac and downloaded the game through it.

Unfortunately, the game was virtually unplayable given my computer's hardware, so I decided to uninstall the launcher by heading to Applications and chucking it to the bin—hoping the game, which takes around 18 GB, would come with it. However, it didn't. The game is still taking up space, masking itself in System (which is now 48 GB instead of the usual 20 GB).

How do I delete this game for good? I only have 128 GB, so I want to be very wise about it.

Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

Sounds like you just deleted the launcher and not the app.

Download it again to see if it came with an uninstaller. Use it to uninstall the game.

If there isn't an uninstaller then use Finder.

- Launch Finder

- Run a search for Fortnite in Finder's Search bar

- Make sure "This Mac" is chosen 

- Click on the "+" sign next to "Save"

- Under the drop down menus choose "System Files" and "Are Included"

- You should get a list of files, folders and the game app that you can delete from your Mac.

#3 jamesTedrick

jamesTedrick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:21 PM

I downloaded the installer again and uninstalled the game through it, just as you have said. Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users