Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Have I done!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ron-e-g

ron-e-g

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

Hello, New here. Hope someone can help me out of this jam.

Couple of weeks ago I did the windows 7 to 10 upgrade. Everything has been fine with my internet, However monday night that changed. I now have a Unidentified network error. I connect through Ethernet on this PC. I also have another PC that connects E- cable. I also have a laptop connecting wireless.  The other PC and laptop connect fine. I have a AT@T Arris NVG510 Modem/router. I downloaded, and installed the latest LAN driver from my MB site It has not helped. I downloaded the mini toolbox on the non connecting PC ran it and it doesn't seem to ever stop. Is this correct or Have I done something wrong there? I selected (all) as requested. It has created a text file on my desktop I just don't know if it's complete.

I don't know what else to do!

Ron             

Attached Files

• Attached File  MTB.txt   1.02KB   5 downloads

Edited by ron-e-g, 23 May 2018 - 08:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:28 AM

Have you checked the condition of your Ethernet adapter in device manager?

Might be a cause for updating the driver as the current windows updates seem to have multiple issues with this.

Just a thought.

Edited by Replicator, 24 May 2018 - 08:31 AM.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

#3 ron-e-g

ron-e-g
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

Thanks Replicator, I see no issues in Device Manager. everything shows "device working properly". You suggesting the recent Realtec LAN_V12_9_422_2016 driver download/ install needs update?

#4 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

Wouldn't be a bad idea if available, just to eradicate that scenario as a possible issue!

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

#5 ron-e-g

ron-e-g
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:52 AM

Problem has apparently fix itself! I don't get it.but that's what has happened. After four days of no connection/ unknown ip address error...it now seem to know! :bananas:

Thanks for your responses Replicator.

Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users