Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A green vertical line appears on-screen..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerGuy1500

ComputerGuy1500

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:07 PM

Hey guys, so I think this is the right place for this post. If it's not, please tell me the proper place it should be located, and I'll certainly re-post it in the right section.

But with that being said, I have never seen this problem before.. and it happened so suddenly..

A green, vertical, dotted line appeared on the far right side of the PC's monitor..

It's not an element on the desktop, for anything rendered on the computer, this green line appears on top of it. I even took a screen shot to show you what it was, but it didn't appear in the screen shot. Which made sense, because I guess this green line is not even recognized by the screen camera.

Oh, update just now:

The green line is much less visible now, it appears to be twitching. It was highly visible a few minutes ago, it's still there now but just very faded. I'm sure it will keep changing..

I tried rebooting, that failed to work, and I also tried to use Driver Talent to update my drivers, and it did say my GeForce video card did need an update, so I got that, rebooted again, and it still failed to work.

This is a really strange problem.. Please tell me it can be fixed, and I don't have to worry about purchasing another 200$ video card ;-;

If any other information is necessary for this, please feel free to say. I will mention the video card is a GeForce GTX 950. Not sure of value that is, but just throwing it out there. :P

Thanks for reading!

Edited by ComputerGuy1500, 23 May 2018 - 03:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

From your description, it's most likely a fault in the LCD screen. We don't have any information about your system configuration, but since you say PC and monitor, I assume this is a desktop computer. The simplest way to be sure is to connect the monitor to a different system and see if it still has the line.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 ComputerGuy1500

ComputerGuy1500
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for the reply, Platypus! That certainly is a smart idea. Although, this is the only desktop we have..

The line is very very slight, but it gets annoying and honestly shouldn't be there.

Just did a bit of research and in rare cases, it might actually be from the video card, which I'd hate if it were..

So when ever we can find another monitor, we'll switch them around and see if the line persists. If it does, I'll then make the assumption the video card is dying, which again, would be ultimately the worst scenario, as it was really expensive to get..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users