Jump to content
Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:18 AM
Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:23 AM
Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:15 PM
I recommend performing the following or try the force safe mode option below and run the Startup Repair option.
How to make a bootable DVD or USB via the media creation tool
Force Safe Mode with Power On/Off
1. Press the Power On/Off button to Start and Shut Down the computer as soon as you see the rotating loading circle
2.Repeat this 2-3 times to stat the Windows Recovery Environment.
3. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart from the Choose an Option screen.
4. After your PC restarts, select one of the following Safe Mode options you are instructed to from the Start Up Settings menu:
5. Wait for Safe Mode to load.
6. Logon with an Administrator account if needed.
Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:30 AM
It does not get as far as the spinning circle. The BIOS screen comes up like normal, but after that it's just black.
Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:56 AM
You will need to access the Recovery Environment to perform the following.
One method to enter the RE is to boot the computer till it begins to load then press and hold the Power button. This will cause the computer to perform a hard shutdown. If you repeat this two or three times the computer should boot into the Recovery Environment. You should see an image similar to the one below.
Once in the RE you need to select Advanced options.
You now need to select Command Prompt.
When the Command Prompt opens copy and then paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.
You should see the following.
Scanning all disks for Windows installations.
This may take a while, please do not stop the scan.
If this was successful you will receive the following message.
Successfully scanned Windows installations.
Total identified Windows installations: 0
The operation completed successfully.
Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life. You never know when one will leave you.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users