Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Encryption & Decryption Process

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Indika

Indika

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

I have a bid problem in encryption folders and files in my widows 8. After reinstalled windows 8.1 in my C drive, encrypted D drive file can not be open due to user does not have access privileges

I want help to recover my folders with files in my old file system in old user. 

Edited by Indika, 23 May 2018 - 09:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Indika

Indika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

I have a bid problem in encryption folders and files in my widows 8. After reinstalled windows 8.1 in my C drive, encrypted D drive file can not be open due to user does not have access privileges

I want help to recover my folders with files in my old file system in old user. 

#3 Indika

Indika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:27 AM

Give me hard disk recovery software links?

#4 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:34 AM

Hi, Indika and Welcome to BC! :welcome:

Sorry for the late reply, but anyway:

Did you, by any chance, use BitLocker to encrypt your D drive? Because if so, then the decryption process should be rather easy, I think.

Here is an article on how to decrypt a drive which is encrypted with BitLocker: https://www.top-password.com/blog/decrypt-bitlocker-encrypted-drive-from-command-line/

As you surely already know, you have to decrypt your D drive with your BitLocker password prior to following the below-mentioned steps in the chronological order.

Here is an article on using the Takeown command-line interface to take ownership of your D drive: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/take-ownership-of-file-or-folder/

Here is a review article on 18 Free Data Recovery Software Tools: https://www.lifewire.com/free-data-recovery-software-tools-2622893

And of these, the most well-regarded are as follows: Recuva, MiniTool Power Data Recovery, and EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.

Good luck! :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 26 May 2018 - 06:47 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#5 Indika

Indika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:20 AM

Thank yo very much your reply me and tr to it then reply you soon as possible.

#6 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:04 AM

Hi again, Indika!

I certainly hope you manage to resolve your issue with the help being provided. :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#7 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:29 AM

Hi again, Indika!

Did you manage to resolve your issue with the help being provided?

Regards,
midimusicman79

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users