Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 XtreamStealth

XtreamStealth

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:28 PM

Hello All, 7 years ago I could turn a computer on, open email and kinda use Word. At that time I was a very famous Substance Abuse Counselor. If you've seen any of the Documentary, I'm so sorry. Anyway, I suffered a back injury jumping from a high cliff into a lake. I spent nearly a year in bed, unable to walk. I was in unbelievable pain and needed something to keep me from completely losing it. I started surfing the web and reading about computers, what they could do, how they where built and was instantly hooked. I read everything I could, sometimes for 8 or 10 hrs at a time. A year later I went under the knife hoping to re leave some of the pain. Long story short... I stood up nearly pain free. my Dr said it had to have been a God thing. I had my life back. But during that year the Banks crashed in the US and there where no jobs period. I needed to reinvent myself, make a job. That's when a friend pointed out that I had been fixing computers for family and friends a lot and maybe I should start a computer company. Crazy right? I've never even taken a computers class. So, that's what I did. I don't code, write software, know DOS. But I've built some crazy systems. Today most of my time is spent Sim Racing or building Racing Simulators. There is still so much I don't know. I see all of you as a valuable information resource, and along the way, who knows, I might get a chance to help someone too.   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

Hi :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...

Linux users.

Best regards,
The BC Staff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users