Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery trouble Toshiba dynabook R731/W2TC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 homoludens1000

homoludens1000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

My dynabook is about 7 years old, over the years I had a few items replaced (keyboard, screen), but the battery is still the one from the beginning.

For a few days I've been having the following problem:

1. If on A/C with battery plugged in, the battery indicator says "Battery 0%", yet system is switched to battery mode (not A/C mode). The battery LED in the front is dark.

2. If I unplug the A/C, and/or put it back in, nothing changes, i.e. the computer seems oblivious to the fact that the fact that something has changed. (Well, not entirely, the power cord LED goes off and on.) The battery seems to be charging though.

3. If I start the system only on A/C, I get an battery silhouette icon and a message "Unknown remaining".

I'm not even sure what kind of problem I am looking at here. Battery that is too old? Computer problem with the power management?

Any help much appreciated.

--

Background specs:

- Toshiba R731/W2TC (Portege R830 Series, Model-No. PT321N-02N01X)

- RAM 8 GB, 256 GB SDD

- recently did a clean re-installation of Windows 10 Pro (switched from 32 bit to 64 bit)

- before the problem the computer would last ca. 3h on one battery charge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,045 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:48 AM

You can check your battery using Windows 10 battery report. Look at the full charge capacity vs design capacity.

https://www.windowscentral.com/generate-battery-report-windows-10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users