Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Java portable more secure than Java installed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 desk7

desk7

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:51 AM

I have to run some .jar files but I don't want to install Java because of its security issues. So I downloaded the .tar.gz version for Windows and I manually run .jar files through cmd.

Is it true that this way is safe because Java is not visible to others?

Or is it worse because there are no automatic updates?

Thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:23 AM

Hi,

Yes its safer because that way java isn't available in the browser, usually the security risk is because some malicious/infected websites may try to use java security holes to infect the computer.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users