Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1/10 Clonezilla restoration expert mode options

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 exus69

exus69

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:52 PM

Hello everyone,

As you all are aware Windows 8.1 creates extra partitions to keep the boot files.
I've taken the backup of all those partitions including C drive using the save partition
option .As mentioned in other threads, for Win 8/10 backup and restoration backup disk and restore disk option is
recommended. But in some cases data on other partitions(D,E,F etc.) is just too much to be backed
up immediately.

Can anyone please help me with the expert mode options to be selected during restoration so that
Windows 8.1/10 boots smoothly after restoration without affecting data on other partitions??

Thank you much in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:37 AM

You are using the built-in Windows backup / restore program, correct?  If yes, I do not know how to help.  When I use my Macrium Reflect 7 or Image for Windows, I make a full image of each partition onto external media.  If I need to restore the OS, the data partition is not touched.

Edited by RolandJS, 21 May 2018 - 08:30 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 exus69

exus69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:10 AM

Nopes am using Clonezilla to backup and restore.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

Nopes am using Clonezilla to backup and restore.

You know, I totally forgot your thread title mentioned Clonzilla!  I was at school and was greatly distracted  :)

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 exus69

exus69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:54 PM

No problem Roland :) Can anyone please help ? This is a very important issue to be solved.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users