Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello...joined indirectly sorta

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Astara

Astara

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

I joined indirectly due my posting a question as a response to a blog entry :

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-7-recovery-environment-command-prompt/

-- however I found I wasn't really joined, here, as that reply just used my dissqus account to submit the comment.

Now I'm a bit unsure -- but it seems like maybe I should repost it in the appropriate windows forum rather than hoping people will find it and answer it, as the responses would end up being a bunch  of blog comments that might really become off-topic for the original blogpost.  It's still a useful part of the blog post, as the post assumes certain things as being starting points for the article -- and I was pointing out that I couldn't even get to 'start', oi vey!

Edited by Astara, 20 May 2018 - 06:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

Welcome to BC !

I am not sure what you mean by a 'dissqus' account but I have seen your topic on the subject of the recovery environment but this is not the place for technical discussion !  However, having seen your other post in 'Introductions' I agree - syntax is critical in every programming language I have ever looked at.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 Astara

Astara
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

The point wasn't the syntax, but that I was so new that my mind had pre-censored the semicolons out from

a "difference filter" as being unimportant.  It took some time before I realized that they were important and could then see what was different.  Before I recognized semi's as important, I couldn't see the difference...I.e. I really thought that "I hadn't make any changes" from the example -- because the semi's were below my conscious level of looking at what was important.

Thus while some might think I was not telling the truth about not making changes (if I had been asked), I would have initially responded that I hadn't even though I'd left out key elements -- not a lie on my part, but something that didn't fall into my

'then' definition of difference.  Now, many years later, I'm incredulous that I couldn't see that difference, but at the time -- completely overlooked such detail. 

It's like the psychologists trick of sending a man in a gorilla suit to walk through a room where the people were busy on a task.  Many saw him -- in that he walked through their visual field and later videos showed facial expressions indicating surprise, but when later asked about the gorrilla in the room -- nearly all claimed nothing like that happened.  How much we can narrow our vision and senses!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users