Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

not everything is able to connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Redacted-Kaos

Redacted-Kaos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:13 AM

Hello, im running windows 10 and i use my phone as internet, i use an app on my phone called NetShare and it works great.

But in order to connect to the intenet it requires me to set an Ip in my lan settings under the proxy settings and it works great...Mostly anyway.. I can browse the web fine .. Download fine but if i try to run a game or app i downloaded it wont connect to the internet.. What am i doing wrong here? any tips please.. this is so frustrating

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:38 PM

Odds are the games aren't set to use proxy settings, take a look at any network settings in the game.  Depending on the game you may, or may not, be able to get it to work.  Using a proxy at home isn't a normal configuration, so it may not be supported.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users