Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

linking imessage to pc, without Apple laptop.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mixpix

mixpix

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

I happen to be linked in both worlds, Apple iphone 7 & Windows 10 PC laptop. I find it convenient to have access to iMessage. The problem is I have not discovered a manner to have access to iMessage to PC. I am hoping to be led to the proper topic, or category for this resolve.
Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 1709
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo i5-4210U CPU  T5750 @ 1.70gHz 2.40 GHz
Ram: 8.00 GB
system type: 64bit x-64-based processor
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VNZNmcrsHQpEHgN51iurDWj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

Hi mixpix,

I own an iPhone 7, from my experience the answer is no, there is not a straightforward way to link/synch iMessages to a Windows 10 PC (Of course you are able to take a screen shot of an iMessage(s) to view via iCloud as a picture.) There are options to use Chrome remote desktop, Apple to PC if you do an Internet search, however any 3rd party sources you find and use would be "at your own risk" and in my case, certainly not a risk that I'd take as the possibility of embedded malware is a huge probability. Perhaps there is hope in the pipeline, who would had imagined that Microsoft would have an iTunes App in the MS store to download! 

softeyes

#3 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

I use the following program to send, receive, etc from apple devices to my computers.

https://www.pushbullet.com/

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users