Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

acer aspire m5100 motherboard/ram problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 garyww24

garyww24

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

ok i have a acer M5100 desktop. if i have 3gb ram in it windows 7 thru 10 64bit works perfect. but if i install 4gb ram to a 64bit windows. i lose sound and internet via ethernet port was wondering why this is happening. i checked on crucial.com it says my board can take 8gb ram max. so far I have a amd Athlon 64 x2 be-2300 a corsair CX750M power supply and a sapphire r9 270x 4gb graphics card and using Kingston ram.

UPDATE: so i tried a different stick of 1gb ram that origianlly came in my pc and now windows 10 64 bit wont boot all the way it hangs on the 4 blue sqaures windows logo then blacks out and BSOD saying TDR VIDEO ERROR. i think that's what it said im currently using this pc to post in this forum but only able to use 3gb ram.

my pc will run perfectly in windows 32bit 4gb ram no issues 

Mod Edit:  Merged posts - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 25 May 2018 - 05:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garyww24

garyww24
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:09 PM

major update: after tinkering around i went into msconfig/boot/advanced options selected  maximum memory and just put it at 4095 instead of 4096 for 4gb ram. now my sapphire 4gb graphics card works with windows 64 bit. also my internet works and sounds. not sure whats going on but im thinking if i add 8gb of ram if i put 8191 instead of 8192. it might work with 8gb of ram i will test that out at a later date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users