Jump to content
Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:12 PM
Posted 19 May 2018 - 02:54 PM
can you boot to a command prompt?
if so, run the following command
chkdsk /f /r
Edited by mikey11, 19 May 2018 - 02:56 PM.
Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:41 PM
You can either create the following and see if you can boot or perform the step below and see if you can get into safe mode or command prompt and we can try some possible repairs.
Also try the following startup options:
How to make a bootable DVD or USB via the media creation tool
Force Safe Mode with Power On/Off
1) Press the Power On/Off button to Start and Shut Down the computer 2-3 times to stat the Windows Recovery Environment.
2) Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart from the Choose an Option screen.
3) After your PC restarts, select one of the following Safe Mode options you are instructed to from the Start Up Settings menu:
4) Wait for Safe Mode to load.
5) Logon with an Administrator account if needed.
Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:17 PM
Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:22 PM
You should still be able to reinstall Windows if you turned it off midway through. I would recommend performing a new clean install of Windows. Let me know if any questions. If you need to backup your files then I would recommend one of the following methods.
See the following link for more details
EaseUs todo backup
Macrium Reflect free
Edited by dmccoyks, 25 May 2018 - 03:23 PM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users