Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't run windows 10 normally after newest update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sammeke33

sammeke33

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:13 AM

Hey guys, really hoping one of you can help me with this issue, since I've tried everything and can't seem to find a solution.

I wanna clarify, I run an Asus ROG G55 laptop that had no issues up to now whatsoever.

Now, yesterday windows asked me to apply a major update, ran it while I was sleeping, turned my laptop on in the morning only for him to start asking me what language I want my keyboard in (not a good start), then not being able to run windows, only through menu with second latest "OS version" I make it to the user password menu (where my pic is still showing) but once I enter the pass it goes through the entire process of 5 minutes of preparing apps etc..you know the deal, after which it loads me a blank black desktop with only recycle bin with nothing running. Can't run explorer without getting the error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist" along with some shell error, something similar to the error it shows me when entering at first. Nothing shows up and I don't know what to do, I'm desperate, and from searching for OS files through the startup menu I know everything is still there, and I'd rather keep it that way. Anyone have a solution? I've tried launching cmd, which works, but none of the commands, either through the desktop or startup menu have fixed anything.

Thank you so much...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Are you able to start in Safe mode as well? If so, we can try some possible repairs first.

2) When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart.
3) After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
4) After your PC restarts, select one of the following Safe Mode options you are instructed to from the Start Up Settings menu:

• Safe Mode (4)
  • Safe Mode with Networking (5)
  • Command Prompt (6)

5) Wait for Safe Mode to load.
6) Logon with an Administrator account if needed

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users